Sunday, December 20, 2015

Getting My Act Back Together

Getting My Act Back Together
So, I haven’t written here in a while. Based on the title, you can probably tell that, physically, I am not doing what I need to do to get myself back together. I have not run since the trail run back in October, just before Halloween. That means a whole month without running when I did not have an excuse. Sure, I walked a few times, but not enough to really mean anything. The quality of food I eat remains high (I’m still maintaining the vegan/ no dessert status) but the quantity has not be positive. I have been eating extras, especially at night. Sometimes on the way home from work, I’ll grab a Clif bar and a Gatorade, but then also have a coffee and a granola bar when I get home. That’s two extra snacks that I should not be having. I still fit into my size 33 pants, but they are getting tighter, as are my size medium shirts.

There’s only one excuse for this: laziness.

I’ve had no discipline whatsoever. I’ll think to myself, “yeah, I don’t need this” and “I shouldn’t eat this” then eat it anyway and then mentally berate myself for eating it.

What I need to do is not stop for the snack at Wawa. I shouldn’t be spending the money anyway. At night, I need to go to bed earlier, instead of staying up after everyone has gone to bed, then eating more. That’s the stuff I used to do growing up that got me those bad habits that I never really broke until 2009. That will take care of the eating part.

The exercise. I need to get out and run two times a week for 1-2 miles as well as walking 2-3 times a week, depending on how many times I run. I will also do some push-ups, plank-ups and planks as well as some PT exercises to keep up with the strength in my left leg.

I have been having a lot of days with minimal knee pain and that is a plus.

I hope things are going well for you all!

Time to get back on that damn horse!

Erik Ammon

No comments:

Post a Comment